NEW TO YOGA
Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life.
Here’s what you need to know if you are new to yoga:
Yoga is for everybody. No one is too stiff, too fat, too old or too unfit to do yoga.
The hardest part is unrolling your mat for the first time and opening your mind to what might just be a whole new way of life (or an enhancement to your current lifestyle if you’ve got something that works).
Whether you are a serious athlete or your current exercise program consists largely of moving your mouse, yoga will enhance your health and wellbeing.
What to bring:
- Mat (or you can hire one from us for R20)
- Towel (bring two if you’re showering or hire ours for R20)
- Water (bottled water on sale as well as filtered water)
- Stretchy, comfortable yoga gear (whatever you’d wear to gym)
- A relatively empty belly
- ID / Drivers licence
- Cash / Credit Card / Snapscan to purchase a class or a package. Please note: If you are a local Cape Town resident you are eligable to try our our into deal for R180 – 2 weeks of unlimited yoga
- Please ensure you sign in before you drop off your bags or enter class
- Please don’t talk in the yoga room – it is a silent space
- Please don’t wear shoes in the yoga room
- Once in class, please try not to leave the yoga room
- Make space for others if it’s a busy class
- Please practice kindness and understanding towards all within the studio space
Classes we recommend to start with:
Yinyasa Yoga is a friendly introduction to Vinyasa Yoga which includes flow elements paired with a restorative Yin finish.
We work through the key elements of a vinyasa class at a slower pace and deconstruct the basic sequences (e.g. sun salutations) as well as the common asanas. There is also a strong emphasis on relaxation.
Yinyasa yoga classes are usually smaller so that each student gets individual attention and adjustments where necessary. This class will help to ‘educate’ your body and gently guide you towards the mainstream vinyasa classes.